[Discuss] Proposal: Open Source Hardware Score/Index

Pablo Kulbaba pablokulbaba at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:57:02 UTC 2015

Hi there.
Great idea on the OSHI and agree on the items. The peer validation would
lower the barrier to certification.
Standing on the maker side, there's a lot of work and effort to be done
on documentation that piles up to the development itself. This can be a
great burden on solo projects.

Proposals:
-A piece of code that could be embedded in the site of the project (as
the blue box that counts the FB likes in real time).
-Perhaps there can be an arrangement or prioritization on the index's
items to solve this. Or give different items a different value to weight
up (ponderar in spanish).
-Make a pool to match volunteers and
documenting-volunteers-needing-projects, so as to differentiate the
deliberately low OSHI projects from the under-resourced ones.

--
PabloK