[Discuss] Misuse of "Open Hardware" term?

Drew Fustini pdp7pdp7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:36:22 UTC 2015

Thanks for the great discussion in this thread.  I wanted to follow up
on the Linaro 96boards.org "Open Hardware" issue.  I just watched this
talk from LinaroConnect and
I am frustrated by the comment of Linaro CEO George Grey that it
depends on what one's definition of Open Source Hardware is:
http://youtu.be/e8_MatJ_VR0?t=15m30s
(seek to 15min 30sec)

It seems as if his argument is that there a lot of definitions and its
all in the eye of the beholder.  I suppose this is an attitude that
OSHWA members come across at times.  I take heart in the fact that
OSHWA is committed to raising awareness of the precise definition and
best practices.

cheers,
drew