[Discuss] Favorite OSHW Linux computers?

Wouter Tebbens wouter at freeknowledge.eu
Thu Feb 5 12:33:20 UTC 2015

Hi Drew and all,

I have heard about the HummingBoard, [1], which states it is "open
hardware", but I cannot find the license, not even on its wiki, [2].

If they really aren't adhering to the definition of open hardware, maybe
we should warn them that "open hardware" is a registered trademark by
Bruce Perens (if he is still the owner). In any case, ask them to
publish under a free license or to stop confusing people.

[1] http://www.solid-run.com/products/hummingboard/
[2] http://wiki.solid-run.com/HummingBoard_Hardware

BTW notice also the USB Armory,
http://www.inversepath.com/usbarmory.html#usbarmory_flat-tab that is