[Discuss] keeping the certification discussion going

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 22:57:23 UTC 2015

I put together my thoughts following the last OSHWA hangout.
http://www.atthatmatt.com/open-source/open-source-hardware/oshwas-certification-a-stable-opinion-on-open-source-hardware/

hardware community. It provides a stable opinion on what "open source
hardware" means that is low effort and totally optional. The stability will
give organizations confidence that they can invest in open source hardware
with minimal worry that the standards will change or bad actors will dilute
their value. The enforcement part is just there to guarantee the stability.
Stability has value so if we want to partake of that value we have to trade
something, and in this case it's agreeing to be corrected if we get
something wrong.

Here's an idea for the mark
[image: Inline image 1]