[Discuss] Publish OSHW with CC0?

Drew Fustini pdp7pdp7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 00:20:04 UTC 2014

Hi, a friend at my hackerspace here in Chicago wants to release an
electronics device he's designed as OSHW.  It is a pure analog system
with no firmware.

He doesn't care about attribution, commercial use, derivatives or
copyleft restrictions.   He said he basically wants to make the design
public domain.  My understanding is that Creative Commons CC0 is
preferable to public domain.

Anyone have thoughts on releasing hardware designs as CC0?
Is there are better option given he doesn't want to reserve any rights?

thanks!
drew
http://keybase.io/pdp7