[Discuss] Publish OSHW with CC0?

Javier Serrano Javier.Serrano at cern.ch
Wed Nov 5 15:05:35 UTC 2014

On 11/05/2014 03:43 PM, Andrew Katz wrote:
> How do you determine which objects are subject to that compulsion, and which aren’t?

Very naively, I would say "those whose designer wished so." There would
be nothing forcing people to build and use those objects, but if they
did, they'd need to comply with the license. Anyway, I acknowledge this
is a very complex debate and I fully see your and Michael's points. In
fact, your concerns are similar to mine: you fear we end up sharing less
in our effort to share more. I fear that we are already in that
situation to some extent, because we are using (and therefore
strengthening) the same IPRs other people use to prevent more sharing.
You both have more experience and knowledge on the (im)possibility of
creating a difficult-to-pervert IPR, so I'll go with you on that.

Cheers,

Javier