[Discuss] New Blog Post Up!

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 19:32:46 UTC 2014

Alicia, maybe this would be useful to you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Social_Contract

*Debian believes that the makers of a **free
software*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software>*
operating system should provide certain guarantees when a user entrusts
them with control of a computer. These guarantees include:*

   - *Ensuring that the operating system remains open and free.*
   - *Giving improvements back to the community which made the operating
   system possible.*
   - *Not hiding problems with the software or organization.*
   - *Staying focused on the users and the software that started the
   phenomena.*
   - *Making it possible for the software to be used with non-free software*