[Discuss] New Blog Post Up!
blueback09 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 19:32:46 UTC 2014
Alicia, maybe this would be useful to you
*Debian believes that the makers of a **free
operating system should provide certain guarantees when a user entrusts
them with control of a computer. These guarantees include:*
- *Ensuring that the operating system remains open and free.*
- *Giving improvements back to the community which made the operating
- *Not hiding problems with the software or organization.*
- *Staying focused on the users and the software that started the
- *Making it possible for the software to be used with non-free software*
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:00 PM, alicia <amgibb at gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, (and this is my personal opinion) on my to-be open source
> hardware, I will use the definition as a social contract. Meaning that I
> stand behind the definition (and therefore apply the oshw logo) and expect
> the community can hold me to it (in court for example) because me and the
> community have that agreement which I've endorsed.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the discuss