[Discuss] Tesla: "All Our Patent Are Belong To You"

Jeffrey Warren jeff at publiclab.org
Fri Jun 13 13:32:05 UTC 2014

Very excited to hear clarification!

I think in some ways that as a very strong brand to consumers they don't
feel that competitors can "catch up" anyways.... Or perhaps just that as a
tiny segment of the market that other electric car makers will only help
them, as a rising tide lifts all boats.

Somehow I don't think they have the brand advantage at SpaceX, which is too
bad if that's one of the motivators. Did anyone follow Armadillo Aerospace
in their open publication of their techniques? Never design files but it
was a very transparent research process and quite interesting for some
years.

Anyhow if Tesla actually uses a license or even refers to "open hardware"
it will be a boost for our movement in the public eye -- super!