[Discuss] Tesla: "All Our Patent Are Belong To You"

Andrew Katz Andrew.Katz at moorcrofts.com
Fri Jun 13 07:53:49 UTC 2014

This is fascinating, and good news, although it's not clear whether it's an abandonment, licence or non-assert. It would be interesting if they used their patents as the basis of some form of copyleft, so that other manufacturers using their technology also had to license any patents (and possibly designs) derived from the patented material on the same terms. Or they could donate them to an automotive equivalent of the Open Invention Network.

- Andrew