[Discuss] Open Source MicroHouse v3 - Our Most Ambitious Build to Date

Marcin Jakubowski marcin at opensourceecology.org
Wed Jul 2 23:26:29 UTC 2014

Hello Open Source Warriors,

I'm glad to announce Open Source Ecology's most ambitious Extreme Build to
date:  Microhouse Prototype 3
<http://opensourceecology.org/microhouse-workshop-3/>.

See the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94rQw1Ur2aQ. Behind me in
the video is our earlier version of a compressed brick house, with wood
siding.

It's a 5 day build of a fully code compliant, stabilized compressed earth
brick home made with our open source equipment using on-site soil - at 1/3
the cost of conventional housing. Check it out and pass on to your friends.

This will be the first time that we are cranking our brick machine at full
power - 10 bricks per minute at 54 hp using 2 Power Cubes
<https://vimeo.com/55341689> - about 10,000 bricks will be made. This will
be epic if the build is completed as planned.

Behind me in the video is our earlier version of a compressed brick house,
with wood siding, harboring Catarina Mota = wife - who is in the final
sprint of finishing her Ph.D. thesis.

If you'd like to attend, we're giving open source warriors a 20% discount
to the workshop. Email me. If you want to build your own micro-Power Cube
at $300 in materials - we have our next Power Cube workshop
<http://opensourceecology.org/power-cube-workshop/> this weekend.

Thanks,
Marcin

Marcin Jakubowski, Executive Director