[Discuss] Design exploitation agreement

Pablo Kulbaba pablokulbaba at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:51:21 UTC 2014

I'm drafting my first design agreement with a supposed fabricator. See
it attached.
The arrangement is: I design, the fabricator buys the exclusivity to
manufacture such design. The manufacturer pays only per each unit sold
(this is a case in which the fabricator pays small amounts so that the
design buying does not become an entry barrier, since the manufacturer
may be a startup).
I know such thing does not meet by far the Open Source content, but I
found open sourcing my design a useful handle to empower my position in
case of the manufacturer not respecting the agreement. Do you agree?

PS: A bonus would be receiving your opinions on the text of the
agreement. My native language is Spanish. So improvements to the
translation will be appreciated, aswell.

Thanks in advance.

--
PabloK