[Discuss] [Project query from India]

Ashfaq Farooqui ashfaq.farooqui at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 12:56:34 UTC 2014

Hi Prabhav,

>From what I understand of your project you will provide a device which will
have Internet access, and the user must just use his/her television as a
display device.
As far as my knowledge goes, most of the new television sets have a wifi
module in them, The difference of price is negligible for a non -wifi
television and a wifi television.

If you are looking at integrating it onto the older televisions still
prevalent in few parts of india, i would suggest you use the Raspberry pi,
which costs around $25.

If you still want it lesser than this, I suggest build system with
wifi+simple controller+vga out custom to your needs and I think you can get
that done in $15. what you save on price you add in the effort required.

--
Regards,
Ashfaq H F