[Discuss] Trademark FAQ and best practices text.

Pamela Chestek pamela at chesteklegal.com
Sat Feb 8 23:58:44 UTC 2014

That would be me (and please forgive my lurking). I was inspired when I
worked at Red Hat as its inside trademark counsel and saw many sites
that didn't have guidelines, and those that did had differing opinions
on what should be permitted and what shouldn't be. I thought it would be
beneficial to create some common understanding on the community level,
in the way that people have common understandings about what you can do
with software if has a GPL license, Mozilla license, etc., which makes
life easier for everyone using the licenses. I've since left Red Hat and
now have a private practice, although I am still actively involved in
the open source community.

I'm happy to answer any questions about what's there and welcome any
contributions. If there are enough differences between hardware and
software, maybe we could set up parallel pages for the two different uses.

Pam

Pamela S. Chestek, Esq.
Chestek Legal
PO Box 2492