[Discuss] [Open Manufacturing] patent pools for defense of open source contributors

Emilio Velis contacto at emiliovelis.com
Thu Aug 21 14:11:11 UTC 2014

You don't need to depend on international treaties or national laws to
affect them in the case of patent law. That's how it works. IANAL, but I
understand that scientific journals and other publications affect decisions
even if they're not within the jurisdiction of national/regional patent
offices in the case of exhaustive examination of patent claims that have
been filed.Whereas Creative Commons works under the logic of automatic
inclusion by creation, patent works by automatic exclusion from
patentability by invention/creation.