[Discuss] Reactions to Defense Distributed?

Ben Gray ben at phenoptix.com
Thu Oct 31 17:05:51 UTC 2013

Did you see the reaction of the British police?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-24669969 The bbc reported
on the morning of the man's arrest that the police had raided a "gun
factory". It transpired that his only crime was to print upgrade parts for
his Makerbot. It seems the story captured the imagination of the Manchester
police but they didn't look far enough into the matter to understand what
could be built. The Australian (in particular New South Wales) police force
took a more proactive approach to the story to see what the threat posed
actually was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xjlqMw8FYE

--

Best Regards

Ben Gray - Director