[Discuss] [OpenSCAD] License for scad files

hrobeers hansrobeers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 12:06:05 UTC 2013

Hi Johannes,

I believe that (L)GPL licenses do not make sense in the case of physical
objects.
Even though scad files are code, they just describe a physical object.
You cannot license objects by licensing their description.
The objects will be copied anyway.

I believe that a BSD style license would be more suitable and compatible
with CC.

Hans