[Discuss] Open Source Sausage?

Windell H. Oskay windell at oskay.net
Mon Oct 14 16:30:15 UTC 2013

On Oct 14, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Alicia Gibb <pip at nycresistor.com> wrote:

> Thanks Michael :) Yes, I was talking about the latter workings of tax break / waiver program. I'm glad to year you think it's reasonable.
>
> As for the wiki, we'll probably use a Wordpress wiki plug-in, but we first need better spam user registration prevention. Any suggestions on what any of all y'all use?

We had hundreds of spam registrations a day (even with a few similar plugins) until we installed the SABRE plugin.
The two SABRE settings that you need to pay attention to:

Block if Javascript unsupported: Yes  (Blocks 99% of spam bots)
Check DNS Blacklists: No

Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories