[Discuss] [mil-oss] Re: Fwd: ITAR, public domain, and open source

Justin Cook azjcook at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 14:38:23 UTC 2013

I would love to say that DoS is going to give a broad public release
license, but the data we are discussing is about space technology, which is
heavily controlled by the U.S. government and I don't know if there is a
mechanism to get  broad public release license. DoS would say that is why
they provide the ability for an export license, or if you need to work with
international partners, a technical assistance agreement (TAA). I am only
talking about ITAR here since EAR would have different options.

Justin