[Discuss] Translation to Spanish for "Best Practices for Open-Source Hardware"

Mario Gómez mxgxw.alpha at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:19:37 UTC 2013

Thanks Alicia!

We uploaded the translation to the Open Hardware Community website here in
El Salvador. I was reading in a previous message that you are working on a
Wiki for the OSHWA that could be a better place to put the translation.

This is the link for our webpage (that also links to the Google Docs file
on the previous messages):

http://www.openhardware.sv/acerca-de/buenas-practicas-para-el-hardware-de-fuente-abierta/

The credits in english go something like this:

"Translation to Spanish: September 26, 2013 by Mario Gómez in collaboration
with Leonardo Saccomanno, Rafael Ibarra y Emilio Velis."

We also developed a GitHub template for documentation of Open-Source
Hardware  projects that is based on the good practices document.

Something that we identified here is that noone wants to write
documentation, so we hope that the GitHub template not only helps people to
follow a structure to document their projects, but also helps to
incentivate them to use some kind of version control to keep track of the
development of their proyects.

You can find the template (in Spanish) here:

https://github.com/openhardwaresv/plantilla

May be someone here could find the template useful and want to make the
translation to english.  :)

Regards,
Mario.