[Discuss] Fwd: ITAR, public domain, and open source

J. Simmons jrs at mach30.org
Wed Oct 9 18:02:03 UTC 2013

Not a stupid question.  Some of us are just stuck living with it and forget
not everyone knows what it is. It is an acronym for International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations).
 It is basically a set of regulations governing the legal export of
military and defense related hardware/technology.  For more info, also take
a look at Mach 30's Export Control Task Force page (ITAR is one example of
export controls) - http://mach30.org/ectf/

 -J

--
J. Simmons, President
Mach 30: Foundation for Space Development