[Discuss] OSHW & Economics

Mario Gómez mxgxw.alpha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 04:28:48 UTC 2013

Thanks for all you very good replies, I didn't think at the begining that
this was going to generate this very good thread.

Just clarifing: I chooses the asian market as an example because we cannot
ignore the fact that they have all the capabilities to produce a lot of
things at a cheaper price. I just was reading a couple days ago that they
have the more fastest growing industry in the world in almost all products.
Here in my country I personally know a factory owner that came from Taiwan
and he estabilished their bussiness here and sometimes he has told me: How
we can compete here if the people there in my own country is making the
same that us for less price (including all the shipping costs)?

Now, thanks to your replies I can understand better that the problem it's
if you look at the topic only in a capitalist "way of thinking" trying to
analize from the mentality only of getting the more profits without
considering all the added value of the OSHW can provide to everybody then
it's pretty easy to feel lost and get the idea that you are not going to be
able to compete in this highly competitive global market.

The original reason for my email was because I was interested to hear all
your opinions about the topic, because I think that all we dream about a
truly distributed manufacturing or P2P manufacturing so all can participate
in the manufacturing of OSHW solutions and get profits from their work.

So I'm really happy that we have very good answers.