[Discuss] International Study / Digital fabrication workshops

Bertier Luyt bertier at lefabshop.fr
Tue Nov 19 15:17:50 UTC 2013

Dear friends, I was requested to push this study to interested audiences.
Some of you might accept to share their thoughts with the French
Governement who seems to be willing to support the Maker Sapce economy.

Would you have any question, I'd love to answer.
best regards,

Bertier Luyt

International Study / Digital fabrication workshops (Fab Labs, open
workshops, etc.). The French General Directorate for Competitiveness,
Industry and Services (DGCIS) is launching a major study on French and
International digital workshops (FabLabs, Open workshops eg. TechShops,
etc.). This study is conducted by Fondation Internet Nouvelle Génération
(FING) and Conseil et recherche, as it is explained in the enclosed
letter.<http://conseil-et-recherche.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=09f42196576f1f10d62a9ba0c&id=5b0433059d&e=6e6d9bda79>
In this context, we reach out to appeal to you for two things :

   1. To Update the directory of places of digital manufacturing. To do
   so, please click
here<http://conseil-et-recherche.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=09f42196576f1f10d62a9ba0c&id=ccd3d3d767&e=6e6d9bda79>
. Non-personal
   data will be released to the community under the CC0 license.
   2. To answer a survey on the various digital manufacturing sites in
   France and abroad. To answer this, please click
here<http://conseil-et-recherche.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=09f42196576f1f10d62a9ba0c&id=706830ed5b&e=6e6d9bda79>
. These
   data will not be disclosed to third parties and will only be used  for
   this study's purpose. Participants will receive a preview of the first
   trends revealed by the survey.

Thanks to your contribution, the final report of the study on digital
manufacturing locations will be made public by the DGCIS in 2014. You will
be informed by email when the publication is out.

If you have any questions or comments about this study, we would love to
hear from you and answer your questions : François Bottollier-Depois,
Conseil et recherche,
francois.bottollier-depois at conseil-et-recherche.com<francois.bottollier-depois at conseil-et-recherche.com?subject=%5BEtude%20internationale%20%2F%20lieux%20de%20fabrication%20num%C3%A9rique%5D>
Fabien Eychenne, FING, @fabieneychenne