[Discuss] Legal Meetup Nov. 11th in NYC

Mario Gómez mxgxw.alpha at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 15:20:08 UTC 2013

In some countries is not possible to have copyrights over design files for
devices (I think is the same in the US), they can only be protected using
patents.

But I see many people using software licenses in OSHW projects, if I had to
make a question to a lawyer about the legal issues surrounding this, it
would be: What is really protected in a OSHW project with an open-source
sofware license? Only the source code? The documentation?

Regards,
Mario.