[Discuss] Current status of USB VID/PID for open source hardware?

David A. Mellis dam at mellis.org
Mon Nov 4 19:34:09 UTC 2013

Hey all,

This is an important issue and one the OSHWA board is interested in. As a
first step, I thought it would be good to include a discussion of the USB
VID/PID issues in the open-source hardware FAQ and best practices document
on the OSHWA website.

Anyone have any good pointers to existing information on the topic that I
should reference or link to?  Any specific questions / issues you'd like to
see addressed in the write up?

Anyone have any contacts with the USB IF or other relevant parties? We'd
like to work on outreach to them.

David