[Discuss] Following up on the OSHW Documentation Jam

J. Simmons jrs at mach30.org
Thu May 9 04:33:30 UTC 2013

Bryan,

Thanks for the link to doodle.com.  I will have to look at it more closely,
but it sure does look like it would have helped with this event.

Concerning Google Hangouts vs IRC, I'm afraid there are a couple of reasons
IRC would not work for this event.  The first is it is already scheduled as
a Google+ Hangout, so it is really too late this time around for any
significant change.  Note, it is an On-Air hangout, so people can view the
hangout from the event page even if they don't have Google+ accounts (the
live YouTube stream will be visible on that page once the hangout starts).
 Second, Mach 30, the organization running the event, has found video
events like this to be very engaging (we recently held our 2nd annual
online Yuri's Night Party over an On-Air hangout), so we are pretty
committed to the hangout format for this event.  That being said, I would
be happy to join a similar round table over IRC if someone was interested
in organizing it.

Thanks again for the comments and the link.

 -J

--
J. Simmons, President
Mach 30: Foundation for Space Development