[Discuss] Google Doc for describing best practices.

Tom Igoe tom.igoe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:30:02 UTC 2013

I started a spreadsheet based on the best practices list that could be a potential BOM checklist for a product, to categorize its overall status:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiEMWaSr2APTdGdFY1lDRzN6TENQNHVOb3MxV1JER3c#gid=0

My thinking is rather than "open/closed/partial", you simply have a column that lists license and another for location.

It's incomplete, just an idea.  Feel free to add, delete, etc. If we could come up with a template like this, it could make it easier to simply describe a project's state rather than vet its openness or closedness. Industrial designers especially jump in.  Your BOM templates would be really handy.

Maybe someone like Zak Homuth at Upverter would be good to bring into this conversation, since he's making tools like this. Zak, are you here?

Tom