[Discuss] OSHW logo

Javier Serrano Javier.Serrano at cern.ch
Mon Jun 10 08:21:19 UTC 2013

On 06/10/2013 10:00 AM, Marc-Olivier Schwartz wrote:

> I am the owner of open home automation, a website where I share
> tutorials on home automation systems using open-source hardware.

Hello Marco, very nice website! I am not entitled to answer your
question on the OSHW logo, but something in your website caught my
attention and I think it's worth discussing: you make it an important
point to use Open Source Hardware, and you present (if my quick browsing
is not misleading me) Arduino and Raspberry Pi on equal grounds in that
respect. To the best of my knowledge, the former is Open Source
Hardware, while the latter isn't (and of course there is nothing wrong
with that). I am going by the official OSHW definition [1]. Maybe I
missed something? This is particularly interesting for me because I will
attend an OSHW event this week in which there will be a Rapsberry Pi
talk [2] (and an Arduino talk) and I am supposed to co-organize a Round
Table discussion at the end. Maybe this would be a good discussion
topic, and I am interested in any thoughts the people in this list may
have on it.

Thanks,

Javier

[1] http://www.oshwa.org/definition/