[Discuss] [hackerspaces] Micro Maker Project

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Jun 7 15:26:12 UTC 2013

----- Forwarded message from steeph <ml at steeph.de> -----

Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 17:14:17 +0200
From: steeph <ml at steeph.de>
To: Hackerspaces General Discussion List <discuss at lists.hackerspaces.org>
Subject: [hackerspaces] Micro Maker Project

Hello hackers and makers!

I’m steeph from Germany and I would like to introduce a project to
you. At microTEC we produce small parts and microsystems with
different additive production technologies (RMPD) [2]. We do 3D
printing with high precision. Additional to growing plastic only parts
it’s also possible to directly integrate metal/electronic layers
(conducting paths, chip dies) into the printed parts.

We would like to make a part of our production site in Duisburg,
Germany, and our know how and experience in producing micro parts,
available for everybody. The goal is to turn a section of our
production into a fab lab for planning and realizing own projects.

If you happen to speak German, you can watch the recording of a
presentation of the project at the RaumZeitLabor hackerspace [3] from
last month. If you don’t understand German but want to know more,
please see [1] or just ask.

To get the financing part of the project done, we created a
crowdfunding project [1]. The first phase is getting 100 “fans” on
Startnext. A “fan” of the project does not have to become a (paying)
supporter. This is just the start phase, where we still can collect
feedback and make changes to the project and the rewards.

If you are interested, please send us feedback and become a fan.

Regards
steeph

[1] http://www.startnext.de/en/micro-maker
[2] http://microtec-d.com/