[Discuss] New OSHWA post up - Legal Notes

FREE SMALL WIND TURBINE PROJECT PEOPLE smallwindturbineproj.contactor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:19:05 UTC 2013

Thank you Alicia.
It a huge job. Bravo !

However, may we suggest you to modify "just a little" some parts of your
blog post, concerning the "copyright and patent" section ?
The analysis seems delivered across US (or US-like) copyright and patent
concept. Maybe you should insist the copyright and patent analysis might
not match with some world regions. Then, insisting on this, might avoid
wrong reasoning for places where the US (or US-like) copyright concept is
not (fortunately yet) completely valid.
To better understand why, by a based-on-written-law country example, you
will maybe interested in reading the following links - remember, there are
also a lot of other regions where the law is oral and ownership is only
valid across oral (or also "signs without any world at all") decisions :

http://artlibre.org/licence/faq#FAQ_52
and also:
http://artlibre.org/licence/faq#FAQ_46
http://artlibre.org/licence/faq#FAQ_48
http://artlibre.org/licence/faq#FAQ_49

Again, copyright term internationalization comes from a US industrial
export spreading - by negotiation state by state region by region - and
might (already have) generate(d) a US supremacy above copyleft practices
and local culrure - where ownership is part of long ancestral culture
evolution - whatever this supremacy is bad or good - the notion of bad or
good is not the purpose here, but we might consider that people should be
aware about this, if relevant - if so, we might think of it, might we ?

Freely
Antoine