[Discuss] Eagle files?

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:30:51 UTC 2012

ok committed and added a shout out to you. sorry for not understanding this
immediatly so the new version 6.2 has support for this file format. that is
good.
I would like to write to the author,

>  You may use this file to implement a program that reads and/or writes
files
 > in the EAGLE File Format. If your program writes files in the EAGLE File
 > Format, these files must be readable by EAGLE version 6.2.0
 > without any error messages or warnings.

The must be readable by is a violation of the basic princlples of free
software which states that the software should be usable for any reason
even the wrong one. there should be no way to make such restrictions via a
creative commons license.

Restrictions on the usage of an file are against the spirit of creative
commons, you can make artwork from the xml and have it be invalid for
example. The author is basically imposing usage restrictions here and it is
not clear if they would even be covered by copyright law....

i will choose to ignore them. thanks,

mike

--
James Michael DuPont