[Discuss] Greetings! And membership

David Carrier dcarrier at parallax.com
Mon Jul 2 22:17:33 UTC 2012

     I'm all for keeping the student rate low.  A large portion of the
commercial members could get their employers to pay for the membership,
but students usually don't have any income, let alone someone to pay for
their membership.  If we end up including things of value, like tickets
to the summit, we could include them only in the full membership.  That
way, students who want to be a member can, even if their fees aren't
financially supporting us.  When students do want to participate, they
can still pay what it takes to cover the costs, such as buying tickets
to the summit.

--- David Carrier
Parallax Inc.